Blogroll

Sunday 11 January 2015

Best of High Street Beauty | 2014

It's almost two weeks into 2014, I know. But I'm here with my beauty favourites in 2014, and I'm bringing every single one into 2015 with me.



First up is something I don't know what I would ever do without, my Tangle Teezer. I have curly, crazy hair and any 'normal' hairbrush would just hurt me so bad and I'd get to the point where I just wouldn't brush my hair. I love how soft it feels and the fact  it doesn't have a handle makes brushing my hair almost painless.

Staying with the hair theme, next is my Schwarzkopf got2b texturizing salt spray. I find that this works really well on my hair when I've straightened it on those days when I don't have time to create subtle waves with straighteners. It was only around £3 too, and it lasts a long time as you don't need a lot to create your desired look.
More hair! I'm very particular with my hairspray, and haven't settled for anything other than Tresemmé (yet). The white one on the left is a freeze hold, and it super useful for those of you with a sweeping fringe. I could always rely on this to make sure no gaps appeared in my fringe, it lasts all day and I didn't have a bad word to say about it. However, in October I ditched the side fringe and got my hair cut into a middle parting (this was very brave as my forehead was always hidden). New hairstyle meant that I needed new hair products, and I found that the black can on the right wasn't quite as strong as my previous hairspray, but it gave me the hold I needed all day to prevent frizzy hair and still allowed my hair to move around. I always have at least two cans for back up in the cabinet in the bathroom (that's when you know it's a keeper).

Scent time! I absolutely adore this perfume. Katy Perry's "Killer Queen" is so great for everyday and I don't think I could ever get bored of it. Plus, isn't the bottle so cool? I had to buy it in 100ml when I first discovered how lovely it was. I really hope it's still available to  buy when I eventually run out.

The Garnier micellar cleansing water was first recommended to me by my friend Jennie early last year. I'm only on my second bottle and I use it everyday, so it really does last for 200 uses! I use this after I have removed makeup with make-up wipes, it picks up the parts you may have missed and makes your skin feel so soft. I love how you can use it on your lips and it doesn't leave a disgusting taste like most make-up removers.
The Garnier toner is great for using straight after the shower or when you wake up in the morning as it makes you look so much more awake. Again it really makes your skin feel soft, but I also feel like it assists my primer in stopping my foundation from going patchy or sliding off my face (not sure how,  but it does).


I think this eye-shadow palette cost me little less than £5 in Superdrug, and honestly I didn't have high expectations as it was only cheap but I really love it! It's great for everyday eyes and I even use two shades from this palette for my brows! As long as your prime your eyes then this eye-shadow won't budge all day.


I bought the Bourjois highlighter and bronzer duo just for the highlighter as mine had shattered and they didn't have the one I wanted in store. However, I found this one pretty crap, it didn't really seem to do much at all unless you put loads on. The bronzer on the other hand I absolutely love! It works so well and looks natural too. I probably won't re-purchase this in future as I don't like the highlighter, but I hope I can find a similar bronzer by Bourjois.

The lash accelerator endless mascara by Rimmel is so, so, so good! I can't live without it! I need to buy another soon as this is coming to an end. It's great on it's own as it makes your lashes super long- I sometimes add a volumising mascara if I want them more full on.


As I previously said, I wasn't a fan of the Bourjois highlighter in the bronzing and highlighting duo. So that meant I was on the look-out for another, and I must admit I struggled to find one that wasn't liquid. This one by MUA was a steal at £3 so I thought I'd give it a go, and I'm so glad I did! It's so easy to apply, and looks fantastic in my inner corner! I will definitely be re-buying.

I love both of these Rimmel London Lasting Finish foundations in Ivory. However, the one on the left is an older version and so they don't sell it anymore. This was great when I came back from my holiday and have a bit of a tan as my usual foundation was too pale. The coverage is so good and doesn't feel 'cakey' either. The one on the right is the newer version, and as you can see it is noticeably lighter, which was convenient as my tan had faded by the time I bought this so it matches my skin tone perfectly.

I'm pretty sure this is every beauty blogger's Holy Grail concealer. Rimmel London's 'Wake Me Up' concealer. It covers those dark circles, it's buildable and disguises all those nasty scars which take forever to fade... What more do you want?

Last but definitely not least is my top five nail polishes. The Topshop matte topcoat has actually almost gone, I think  it looks great on top of the Maybelline's Colour Show in 'Noite De Gal' which is a lovely dark purple. Then we've got another Colour Show in 'Latte' which is something I bought as a substitute for a nude, it goes with everything (and I mean, everything!). Next up is my all-time autumn/winter favourite; Rimmel London's Lasting Finish in colour '505: Get it while it's hot'. This a browny-orange and goes most things I wear and looks great when my third finger on each hand has a glitter topcoat or a matte. I can't forget Tanya Burr's range which was released in January! My friend Jennie bought me the nail varnish in the colour 'mini marshmallows' and I adore it, although it does take about 3 coats to make it opaque (I'm not sure if this is the formula or because it is so pale). I haven't worn it for a while as I see it as a colour best worn in Spring.

What beauty product have you brought into 2015?
See you soon, Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment